OAKDALE – A decade ago, software outsourcing was seen as an attractive option for enterprises that wanted to lower operational costs overall when the purpose of the organization was not primarily focused on the IT industry. Nowadays, as the demand for IT resources continues to increase exponentially, outsourced and offshore software development has become part of most company’s resource model.
Once a customer is convinced of the benefits of a variable technology resource model, they look at the right local, offshore, hybrid and/or FTE mix to do the work. Logisolve’s Development Center gives customers the ability to outsource work locally, at a significantly lower cost than using 40-hour-per-week consultants. In short, Logisolve’s Development Center gives a hybrid, local option that offers the benefits of offshore with the assurance of local, trusted resources. Our Development Center also has the flexibility to secure resources from our Offshore team when preferred or when necessary.
What is the Logisolve Development Center?
The Development Center is a core team of resources with structured software development practices dedicated to providing development capacity both externally to Logisolve clients as well as internally to Logisolve.
Below are some key facts about the Development Center and our team:
- Currently consists of 5 FTE core team members with the ability to scale up FTE’s based on workload.
- We are also able to add specific technology SME’s when necessary.
- With Logisolve’s deep pool of experienced consulting talent across the software development spectrum, we are able to provide the right mix of resources for the team at the appropriate times during a project.
- Uses a structured work intake process and development activities are managed through DevOps.
- Utilizes Agile development methods when appropriate and conducts daily standups with Development Center teams and client leadership when necessary.
- Made up of Minnesota-based resources managed by experienced technologists.
- Depending on the project and the client’s objectives, our project teams may also include client FTE resources and/or our own Offshore resources.
- Focused primarily on Web, Mobile, and Cloud solutions. The Development center has access to both Azure and AWS development environments.
What type of work is done out of the Development Center?
The Development Center has picked up a lot of steam in the past few months, and we are very pleased to be currently engaged on 8 different software development and support projects.
The type of work varies, but the Development Center is structured to effectively take on the following type of work:
- Out-sourced custom development. This may involve development of a new end-to-end solution or it might involve the development of new enhancements or modules for an existing application. Logisolve has the ability to not only provide development services, but we can also provide the project managers, scrum masters, business analysts, and quality assurance analysts needed to support the team. A majority of our work is either out-sourced custom development or variable work as described below.
- Variable work. Development work that ebbs and flows over the course of the year. This type of work is ideal for the Development Center and allows our clients to stay focused on their key initiatives while we handle the overflow work.
- Long term support and maintenance – contract or by the hour. We can provide support and maintenance services for an existing client application or for an application built by our Development Center. Support and maintenance contracts can be a flat monthly fee or by the hour. We are currently providing support and maintenance services under both monthly fee and hourly agreements.
- Capacity Boost. Basically, this is the ability to provide a development capacity boost to a team at a critical point in a project. Recently, the Development Center team provided 750 hours of development capacity over a 4-week period to help a client get a project over the finish line.
Logisolve is extremely excited to continue providing cutting edge capabilities to our customers. For more information on our Development Center, please reach out to me at firstname.lastname@example.org or contact your Logisolve Account Representative.